Wednesday 22 February 2012

Online Buying

Yesterday I went to the barn-like chain fabric shop in the city.  It has been reduced in size and has less fabrics.  I was very disappointed but did manage to find some nice printed silk reduced from $30 per metre to $5 per metre.  Luckily this week I received some fabrics ordered online.  Here are the fabrics from two of my favourite online stores.

Australian KimoYES - vintage Japanese fabric for patchwork  The yukata fabrics can be bought by the metre but are only 32 cms wide.  I use them for skirts, trims on jackets, etc.  The kimono pieces I use as panels in tunic tops, cuffs and collars on jackets, etc.

Cotton Yukata fabric


Cotton Yukata fabric
Silk vintage kimono piece

Vintage kimono remnant

Kimono fabric

Vintage kimono remnant

Vintage Kimono piece

Vintage kimono piece
Sew for U Alice Springs www.sewforu.com.au/  This is the shop from which I purchase Aboriginal print fabrics which are used for jackets, skirts, bags, etc.








1 comment:

  1. As I am wearing today a Forgiving Fashions garment with a kimono fabric panel, I can only say "Keep buying, Wendy! "

    ReplyDelete