Friday 5 August 2011

This Week in the Sweat Shop

My husband, Bob, refers to my sewing room as the Sweat Shop, particularly when I am working over extended periods of the day.  This week has been a busy week as I have worked to complete a number of projects.  Here is what I finished this week. 
Black tailored pants
for a tall client who finds
it hard to find pants long
enough to fit.  A customised
pattern was made so now she
can have other pants made
in different fabrics.
6 gore skirt with kimono fabric
pieces for the summer collection.
Dance costume skirt from a sari.
Almost all of the sari (6 yards or 5.6 metres)
was used to make the 8 panels which
 are each one quarter of a circle.
Linen shirt for a client.
White stretch drill skirt with knit trim for the
summer collection.
Palazzo pants with godets inserted into
centre front and back and in to the lower
leg seams.





No comments:

Post a Comment